Motorcycle Accident FAQ
Serving Central and South Virginia
1. What are common causes of motorcycle accidents?
Motorcycle accidents can occur without warning and for a wide variety of reasons. Our Roanoke motorcycle accident lawyers are familiar with the causes of the accidents, including:
- inattentive drivers (changing lanes or pulling out onto the street),
- roadway debris,
- defective road design,
- distracted driving,
- driving under the influence,
- reckless driving,
- and more.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence—or carelessness—we want to hear from you. Call the legal professionals at Skolrood Law Firm at (800) 477-5480 or fill out a free initial consultation form.
2. What should I do if I’m involved in a motorcycle accident?
After a motorcycle accident, there are a number of things you should do to protect your health and your rights to compensation, including:
- Seek medical treatment if you’re injured.
- Get contact information from the other driver and any witnesses.
- Write down what happened.
- Call the Roanoke motorcycle accident attorneys at Skolrood Law Firm.
3. What are Virginia’s motorcycle helmet laws?
Virginia state law requires that all motorcycle riders, regardless of age, wear helmets at all times. In addition, riders of low-power cycles that are operated at more than 35 mph or with engine displacements greater than 50cc also must wear helmets.
4. What types of damages can I recover?
When you’re injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation for a variety of damages. The Roanoke motorcycle accident lawyers at Skolrood Law Firm will work hard to help you get the money you deserve for things such as:
- accident-related medical bills,
- lost wages,
- mental and emotional pain,
- motorcycle repairs and transportation costs,
- and more.
5. How can a lawyer help me?
Our Roanoke motorcycle accident lawyers can help you determine if you have a claim. Then, we’ll put our years of experience to work as we investigate your accident, collect evidence, and build a strong case for you. It’s our goal to help you move forward with your life.
Call Skolrood Law Firm at (800) 477-5480 or fill out a free initial consultation form and get the legal representation you need today.